Au Fidele Berger, Annecy

So, this place is actual Hot Chocolate, Macaron heaven, which you absolutely have to visit if you’re travelling to or near Annecy! Situated in the centre of the beautiful town, Au Fidele Berger, is located in the perfect spot to experience the French way to spend the afternoon. This elegant Cafe is the place to go in Annecy to enjoy the finest pastries, hot chocolate, and to buy the local chocolate speciality “Les roseaux du Lac”.
I am still completely amazed by the hot chocolate options. Described as “Chocolat à l’ancienne nature ” Chocolat parfumé : Orange , Caramel-Beurre salé, Grand Marnier, Viennois, and Chocolat de Noël. I went for the Viennois. A cup full of the most delicious cream, and a Jug of melted hot chocolate to pour on top! The jug contains about 2.5 cups of the drink, and is possibly the most heavenly hot chocolate out there.

As someone who loves all kind of tea, I was impressed by the loose tea selection: a pot of loose tea, attractive strainer over the cup, an extra pot of hot water, cream, and a little boule financier (heavenly) on the side. On top of this there is the most wonderful selection of cakes, pastries, and macarons in every flavour. It is cake heaven, from Opera coffee cake to Clementine Confites to Strawberry Tarts, this place has it all. Oh, and of course, the ice cream to die for!

Image result for www.aufideleberger.

Au Fidele Berger serves breakfasts, through to Salads during the day if you fancy something savoury.

Over all this place is great, and is very popular with the locals, and when the locals are keen, in my eyes it’s worth a trip. With its beautifully presented cakes, in such a gorgeous old fashioned shop, you really get a feel for being in France.

Image result for www.aufideleberger.

Peace and Love, Nicola xx

Comments

1. Gretha
    May 10, 2017 / 7:53 pm

Need to go there ! More please ! Your blog posts are the best 🙂 Xx
    ❤️

• nicolaisawildflower
      May 10, 2017 / 8:31 pm

Yes you do! Thank you! 🙂 xx

2. Thierry
    May 10, 2017 / 8:15 pm

If you like hot chocolate I recommend Angelina next time you go to Paris. Hang on, I shouldn’t give away all my secrets so easily…..but as long as you keep saying nice things about ANNECY , you deserve to know !

• nicolaisawildflower
      May 10, 2017 / 8:34 pm

Wow, it looks great… and now I am starving! Thank you for the recommendation 🙂 A great excuse to visit Paris!

3. May 10, 2017 / 11:16 pm

These all look so delicious!! I will be in France at the end of the month and I can’t wait to eat all of the delicious pastries!! EEEKKK!!!

4. Megan Indoe
    May 10, 2017 / 11:58 pm

You had me a hot chocolate and macaroon heaven. Wow, now I have an insatiable sweet tooth! I know what we will be doing when we go to Paris!

5. May 11, 2017 / 3:21 am

It’s early morning here and reading about this Hot Chocolate and Macaron heaven is just too tempting! Lovely pics too…maybe I need to revisit Paris soon 🙂

6. Chelsea
    May 11, 2017 / 6:06 am

I’ve been there and the hot chocolat and the macarons are so good!!!
    Thanks for all your tips Nicola ☺️
    Can’t wait for the next post !!!

7. The place looks so quite, simple and really peaceful. I always love to stay or have good time in a Cafe like this that is not too crowded. I think this place is really perfect for me since I love sipping tea. Anyway, the design of their Cafe is really cool and clean. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

8. May 11, 2017 / 2:53 pm

Wow this cafe looks good. Just reading about hot chocolate, pastries etc.has made me feel hungry. Would love to visit this cafe someday and try out the hot chocolate. Definitely next time we will visit when we will be in Paris.

9. May 12, 2017 / 12:33 am

The chocolate looks absolutely scrumptious! I have never been to Annecy but it is on my list for sure. And now I know where I want to eat when I go there!

10. May 12, 2017 / 3:38 am

Oh my gosh! Is that even real!? It looks so delicious! I’m sure their salads are amazing, but I think I would just fill up on chocolate! Sounds like a great stop!

11. May 12, 2017 / 4:02 am

Thank goodness for this post! I am hoping to possibly go to that area this year and that place looks so amazing!!! Great post!

12. Sally
    May 12, 2017 / 9:40 pm

Nom nom nom! This place looks delicious! I’m also way too hungry to be reading a food post right now haha. Great pics!

13. May 14, 2017 / 11:46 am

I fell for the very first pic itself. The cafe looks so elegant and the hot chocolate is so tempting! I would so want to try this on my visit to Paris!

14. Caroline
    June 29, 2017 / 11:51 am

Oh my…this looks super scrumptious. Thanks for sharing!